A traditional Goan cake made from coconut and Semolina. This is one of my favorite Christmas sweet.
1. Boil the milk and stir in the sugar till it blends in completely. Then add the coconut to the mix and let it cool
2. Roast rawa slightly, keep it a side and cool it.
3. Separate the egg yolk and white
4. Beat egg yolk and white till no liquid is left in the bowl and it is all foam.
5. Beat the butter till smooth and creamy
6. Add the yellows into the white and beat.
7. Add the butter to the egg mix. Add the rava and baking powder into the mix slowly.
8. Add vanilla essence and the coconut sugar and milk mix.
9. Mix well till uniform batter. (Note: You can keep the batter overnight, but I bake it right away)
10. Then lightly apply butter on the pan and dust flour.
11. Pour in the batter into an 8X8 pan and let it cook for appropriately 20-25 minutes at 350 F