Biscotti is a tea time cookie that originated in Italy. It's a hard and crunchy cookie usually accompanied with coffee or tea
- Cuisine Italian
- Course Snacks
- Serves 24
- Method Bake
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 1 hour(s) 20 minute(s)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder and sugar and keep aside.
3. In a bowl, take the eggs, rum, vanilla, almond extract and whisk until lightly foamy.
4. Add the flour mixture slowly and mix until combined.
5. Add the almonds and chocolate chips and mix.
6. Pour the dough onto the baking sheets in the shape of a long log. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Cut them in 1 inch strips and place them lightly apart on the pan and place in the oven again and bake for 10-15 minutes until they are crispy.Cool and serve with tea of coffee.If you wish to have longer biscotti you can place the dough in one single log. Skip the rum if you dont like it.Add another teaspoon of vanilla extract.