Easy to cook and yummy to taste dessert. Known as "Chana Dal Halwa" in the North and "Sweet Hayagreeva" in South India. This dish combine chana dal with jaggery and dry fruits
1. Cook chana dal with water in a pressure cooker for 3-4 whistle.
2. Drain any excess water and mash the dal well to a thick paste using a spatula.
3. Add jaggery and cook on a low flame stirring continuously for around 20 minutes or until the halwa has become almost thick in consistency.
4. In another pan, heat the ghee, add grated coconut, chopped Cashew nuts, Almond flakes and Raisins, optionally add cardamon powder and saute for few minutes.
5. Add dry fruits to the dal and mix well for 5 mins and take off heat. Channa Dal Halwa is ready to serve.