A traditional bengali preparation of prawns with coconut cream
1. Clean the prawns and marinate with 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
2. Prepare a paste of Onion, Garlic and Ginger in a mixer
3. Heat Oil in a kadai or pan and fry the prawns till it turns golden brown. Keep them aside in a bowl
4. Add Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves and bay leaves to the oil.
5. Add the paste of onion, garlic and ginger and fry it on medium flame for 4-5 minutes. Add remaining turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and garam masala.
6. Add coconut cream and 1/2 cup of water and bring it to boil.
7. Cut the green chili and add it to the gravy along with the friend prawns.
8. Allow it to cook for 5-6 minutes. The food is ready to be served. Garnish it with coriander leaves.