Mildly spiced chicken curry cooked with subtle coconut flavors.
1. Clean and wash the chicken. Marinate with 1 teaspoon each of salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste for 30 minutes.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Once hot add in the curry leaves.
3. Add the diced onions to the oil and cook till translucent. Add in the salt, turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder and saute for a couple of minutes.
4. Add in the coconut milk and coconut water and stir.
5. Add in the chicken, stir and reduce the flame to a slow simmer. Cook till the chicken is done.
6. Add in the desiccated coconut and freshly chopped coriander/cilantro.
7. Serve hot with rice or roti.