Here is a traditional Goan modak recipe made with coconut filling.
- Cuisine Goan
- Course Desserts
- Serves 21
- Method Deep-fry
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 2 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
1. Knead the dough and salt with water till soft. Set aside for 15 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix dry coconut powder, poppy seeds, sugar and dry fruits. This is the filling for the modak.
3. Divided the dough into 21 balls. Roll the dough out while using a little dry flour.
4. Place the filling in the centre of the rolled out dough. Place water on the sides and start shaping the dough into modak shape as shown.
5. Place the modaks in a plate and cover with a wet muslin cloth to prevent from drying. Fry the modaks on both sides till golden brown in hot oil.
6. Remove the modaks into a tissue paper.