This dish goes well with chapattis or rice and curry.
1. Wash the French beans thoroughly under tap water. Chop the head and tail now slit them into a slant diamond like shape.
2. Take a pan Or vessel add coconut oil. Once oil is hot add 1 tablespoon of toor dal, asafetida (hing) green chilies and chopped onion. Saute for 1 minute and add some sugar and mix.
3. Cover with a lid and keep on low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, keep steering occasionally to make sure it does not stick to the pan.
4. Add coconut and salt, mix and close lid and cook on low for 5 minutes.
5. Switch off the gas and keep the vegetable covered. Serve hot with chapattis or rice.