Goan French Beans
November 20, 2012
This dish goes well with chapattis or rice and curry.
green chili chopped finely
onion finely chopped
curry leaf powder
coriander leaves chopped
toor dal or pigeon peas
1. Wash the French beans thoroughly under tap water. Chop the head and tail now slit them into a slant diamond like shape.
2. Take a pan Or vessel add coconut oil. Once oil is hot add 1 tablespoon of toor dal, asafetida (hing) green chilies and chopped onion. Saute for 1 minute and add some sugar and mix.
3. Cover with a lid and keep on low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, keep steering occasionally to make sure it does not stick to the pan.
4. Add coconut and salt, mix and close lid and cook on low for 5 minutes.
5. Switch off the gas and keep the vegetable covered. Serve hot with chapattis or rice.