French beans and potato cooked in a tomato gravy, served with rice.
- Cuisine Kashmiri
- Course Main Course
- Serves 3
- Method Pressure Cooker
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 30 minutes
1. Cut beans as shown. Peel off the skin of potatoes and cut them as well.
2. Chop tomatoes very finely. Heat oil in a cooker on medium to high flame. Turn the flame back to medium flame. Put beans and potatoes in it. Shallow fry them for 5-7 minutes.
3. Turn the flame from medium to high flame. In the same oil, put cumin seeds and cinnamon sticks. Roast them well for 15 seconds. After that put chopped tomatoes and salt. Cook tomatoes until a paste is formed.
4. When the tomatoes are cooked well, put red chilli powder in it and roast it for 15 seconds. Then add ginger powder and turmeric powder in it, roast it well for 1/2 minute. Now put beans and potatoes back in the cooker and mix them well in the gravy.
5. Add 1 1/2 cups of water in the gravy. Pressure cook it. Normally it takes 10 minutes to cook it. After pressure cooking it, don't release the pressure. Let it come out of its own.
6. Now let 2-3 boils come so that the gravy thickens. Razma hemba aulo are ready to serve.