Red beans cooked with tomato paste, served with rice.
- Cuisine Indian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 5
- Method Pressure Cooker
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 1 hour(s)
1. Soak Rajma overnight in water (if you are out of India, you can get Kashmiri Rajma(Salvadorean Beans) from any Indian grocery store or Mexican store.). Put cinnamon sticks, beans and water ( till the brim) in a pressure cooker and cook the beans (normally it takes 40 minutes to cook beans).
2. Heat pan on medium to high flame. Put ghee (clarified butter) and roast cumin seeds.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and salt to the pan
4. Cook tomatoes well until a paste is formed. Add red chilli powder and roast it well for 1-2 minutes, then put ginger powder and roast for another minute.
5. Add cooked Rajma to the tomato paste and mix well and bring to a boil. Rajma is ready to serve.