This delicious appetizer made with crab meat will leave you satisfied and happy without the guilt of high calories.
1. Take the crab in a bowl. If using canned crab make sure it does not contain salt. The can I used had salt so I did not add extra salt. Adjust the salt as per your taste. Add finely chopped onion and garlic.
2. Add the black pepper powder, hot sauce and mayonnaise.
3. Add the powdered oats. You can use bread crumbs as well. However, bread crumbs absorb a lot oil and I prefer to use oats as a healthy alternative.
4. Mix everything well and make into small sized balls. I like to make my crab cakes bite size. Depending on the size of your crab cakes you will get less or more than 15.
5. Heat a pan. Add oil and fry the cakes on both sides till golden brown.
6. Serve hot with tartar sauce.