Prawns cooked in a mild green coconut based gravy with rice.
1. Wash 2 cups of rice and keep aside for at least 20 minutes. Clean, devein and wash prawns and keep aside.
2. For the masala, in a mixer take desiccated coconut, garlic, ginger, green chillies and coriander leaves. Add 1 cup of water and make a fine paste.
3. In a pan heat oil and add in the whole spices. Saute for a couple of minutes.
4. Add in the finely chopped onion. Add in the salt. Saute till onions are light brown.
5. Add in the prawns and the green paste.
6. Add in the rice.
7. Add in the coconut milk and 2.5 cups of water
8. Reduce the flame to a minimum. Stir gently and cook till you can see some rice as shown below.
9. At this point cover the rice and cook till the rice is done.
10. Enjoy hot.