This is a Goan delicacy made with ripe Guava. It is made for special occasions like Christmas.
1. Boil the Guavas in one cup water till becomes soft and pulpy.
2. Once it cools, Cut it in half and scoop out the seeds
3. Cook the seeds with a small amount of water and then strain through a sieve. Reserve the liquid and discard the seeds.
4. Grind the guavas in a blender till silky smooth; don?t forget to add the reserved liquid.
5. Cook the thick pulp in a large, heavy based dish.
6. Add sugar and lime juice to the pulp and stir continuously till the mixture thickens.
7. Then add butter and food color when the mixture starts leaving the side of the dish and forms a soft ball.
8. Grease the bowl or plate with butter. Remove from the dish from the stove and pour the mixture in the bowl and spread evenly using the back of a greased spoon.
9. When cooled cut into shapes and serve. Tip: To know if the mixture is ready (take a bowl of water; put a dab of the sweet in it. If the mixture remains firm- it's ready.