Enjoy this sweet sour horse gram curry with rice.
- Cuisine South Indian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 8
- Method Pressure Cooker
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 1 hour(s)
1. Pressure cook the horsegram with 2 cups of water, for 9 whistles. You can also soak the horsegram overnight, if you do then 4 whistles are enough.
2. In a pan heat oil. Add cumin seeds, ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves. Next add in onions and saute till light brown.
3. Add in the tomato puree and cook till it comes to a boil. Add in 1/2 teaspoon each of turmeric, red chili powder, coriander and cumin powder.
4. Add this mixture to the mixer along with 2 cups water and salt.
5. Also add in the jaggery and tamarind paste.
6. Pressure cook again for 3 whistles. Serve hot with rice.