Rice bhakari is a popular breakfast item in Goa. Here is my instant version of this popular recipe with my own touch. Perfect breakfast idea for busy moms and kids love it!
1. In a mixing bowl take rice flour and salt. Add coconut milk and water. I used canned coconut milk because I like the sweetness in it. You could use freshly squeezed coconut milk too.
2. Add in the finely chopped onion and coriander leaves as well.
3. Mix everything well. You want a smooth paste which is not too thick nor too watery. It is similar to consistency of a dosa batter. In the mean time, heat a frying pan. Add a few drops of oil. Pour a small amount of batter on to the pan.
4. Spread the batter to make a circle. Cover with a lid and cook for about a minute. When you open it the batter should not look raw. Cook uncovered for about 30-45 seconds.
5. Flip and cook on the other side as well for another minute. Enjoy hot! This being an instant version of the traditional Goan Onion Bhakri it does not require overnight soaking, grinding and frying. It is easy to make with readily available ingredients and is a perfect quick breakfast idea. It is a very light breakfast too unlike the traditional Bhakri which is starchy.