Bitter gourd might not be one of most people's favorite vegetable, but hear is a way to make it more likeable.
1. Scrap the outside of the bitter gourd. Cut as shown below.
2. Add salt to the bitter gourd and set aside for at least 10 minutes. At the end of 10 minutes wash the bitter gourd under running water and squeeze out the water.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the bitter gourd pieces. Cover and let it cook till soft in its own juices.
4. Add hing and turmeric powder.
5. Add garam masala powder and red chili powder
6. Add the cashew nut pieces and coconut powder.
7. Add half cup water and tamarind paste.
8. Let it cook till all the water has evaporated. There is no need to add extra salt since the bitter gourd will retain salt from earlier. However, it is a good idea to check salt at this point and add some more if needed.
9. Serve hot with chapatti.