I love no mess foods, especially for a evening snack or in my lunch box. Goa is famous for its stuffed breads. Here is my version of this stuffed delicacy. Bread stuffed with spiced minced meat.
1. Take sugar, 1.5 teaspoons of salt, kasuri methi, cumin seeds and yeast in a mixing bowl. To this add maida.
2. Add water and knead the dough. Next add olive oil and knead again till all the oil is soaked in the dough.
3. Leave this dough to rise in a warm place for at least 30 minutes. Knead once more after 30 minutes thoroughly, cover and let it sit aside.
4. For the filling: In a pan take the kheema. Add salt, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, remaining salt, ginger garlic paste, chaat masala and turmeric. Mix well.
5. Place the pan on medium heat. Add oil. Add the mint and cilantro when the meat is half cooked.
6. Saute till the meat is cooked. Set aside to cool completely.
7. Make small balls of the dough. Roll them out into a circle with your hand or using a rolling pin. Place the filling in and close as shown below.
8. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with oil. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place these stuffed buns on the parchment paper with a little space in between since these will expand. Let them rise for another 20 minutes.
9. Brush these with oil. You could also use a egg wash. Place in the preheated oven. It takes approx 20-30 minutes to bake.
10. Bake till golden brown. Enjoy hot. Serve as an appetizer for parties or enjoy as an evening snack.