Makke di roti is a bread made with corn flour in the region of Punjab.
1. Take corn flour in a mixing bowl. Remember that I am not using corn starch. Corn flour is made from ground corn, is yellow in color and not a thickening agent. Add salt, yogurt and ghee.
2. Corn flour does not have gluten in it. So you have to use warm water. Mix everything well. Let the flour rise for about 15 minutes.
3. It is very difficult to roll this roti because of the lack of gluten. So I used my roti maker. Line it with butter paper, sprinkle a little flour and press. If you don't have a roti pressing machine, add 1/4 cup of flour for the gluten and then roll it.
4. On a hot pan, half cook the roti on both sides.
5. Transfer the roti the flame and cook it fully. Serve hot with gravy of your choice.