Potato peas cooked with kashmiri authentic spices, served with rice or chapati( Indian Flatbread).
- Cuisine Kashmiri
- Course Main Course
- Serves 4
- Method Pressure Cooker
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 25 minutes
1. Heat oil in a cooker and cut the potatoes as shown in the picture.
2. Put potatoes in cooker and shallow fry them for 5-7 minutes until light brown, later remove the potatoes and keep aside.
3. Put peas in oil and shallow fry them for 3-4 minutes. Once peas are fried take them out.
4. Add black cardamom, chilli powder and roast well for 1 minute. Then add ginger powder, turmeric powder and fennel powder and roast everything again. NOTE:Fennel Powder helps in thickening the gravy.
5. Now add 1/2 cup water to the spices and let it boil for 2 minutes until it thickens, then add cumin seeds.
6. Put back fried potatoes and peas in the thickened spice paste and mix well. Now add the remaining water and the salt.
7. Close the lid and pressure cook it ( Normally it takes 10-15 minutes to pressure cook it). Matar Aulo is ready to serve.