Quick and Easy sweet made with Sooji or Rava eaten during special occasion or as a prasad to God.
1. Heat the ghee in a pan
2. Roast the cashew nuts and raisins. Keep the flame low throughout the process.
3. Add the coconut and cardamom to the roasting nuts and raisins.
4. Mix once and add the rava/sooji.
5. Fry this mixture for 2-3 mins and then add the sugar. You can add more sugar if you prefer sweeter laddus.
6. Continue to roast the rava mixture until the color changes to a light brown. Don't let it sit or the rava will start burning unevenly. The process takes around 5-6 mins. Once the rava is browned lightly, slowly add the milk(you can use water instead of milk for longer shelf life), stirring continuously until the laddu mixture comes together. It will be quite moist and will stick around your ladle/spoon. Turn off the stove.
7. When the laddoo mixture is warm enough to handle, make into lemon-sized balls and gently set aside. If the mixture is too dry, sprinkle ghee or water or milk as you roll the laddoos.You can place a piece of roasted cashew on top for garnish.