This was one of my mom's best recipes. Squids, locally called "Mankyo" in Goa, stuffed with a coconut filling and then fried after being coated with rava.
1. For the filling: Heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add ginger garlic paste. Saute for a couple of minutes. Next add finely chopped onion and saute till soft.
2. Add in 1 teaspoon garam masala, 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon tamarind paste. Saute for a couple of minutes. Then add in the coconut.
3. Add in the coriander. Stir and remove from flame. Let it cool.
4. Clean and set the squids aside. Add the 1/2 teaspoon each of turmeric, salt and chili powder to the rava, mix and set aside.
5. Fill in the stuffing into the squid. Roll into the rava mixture.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add in the squids and fry until golden brown on both sides. Serve hot.