In the summer time when raw mangoes are in plenty, my mom would make this sweet tangy curry to eat with rice. I am sure you will enjoy making and eating it as much as I do.
1. Wash and peel the raw mango. Cut the mango into medium sized pieces. Apply 1/2 teaspoon salt and set aside.
2. In a mixer take fresh desiccated coconut, 3 cups of water, 5 kashmiri chilies and turmeric. Make into a fine paste and set aside.
3. In a pan heat oil. Once hot add a pinch of asafetida. Also add in the mustard seeds and let it splutter. Next add in the raw mangoes.
4. Add the remaining 1 cup of water and a little bit of the paste and let the mangoes half cook. Then go ahead and add the remaining paste.
5. Add salt and jaggery. Let the curry come to a boil. The mangoes should be cooked.
6. Enjoy with hot rice.