Bhendyaacho Ros is another Goan Hindu coconut based curry made with okra or lady fingers. It is made on days of the week when fish is not eaten.
1. Heat oil in a vessel. Add asafetida and mustard seeds. Let the seeds splutter. Add in the okra. Remove the stem end of the okra and cut into big pieces as shown.
2. Add 1 cup of water, salt and kokum and let the okra cook. This step is very important or your curry will be slimy.
3. While the okra is cooking, make a fine paste of coconut and red kashmiri chilies with 1 cup of water.
4. Add this paste to the well cooked okra. Add jaggery and mix everything well.
5. Let the mixture come to a boil. Enjoy with hot rice!