A traditional summer time after meal cooler made with unripe green mango to give a soothing sweet and tangy taste
1. Peel the skin from the unripe green mango.Cut the mango into small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seed and the red dry chili.
3. Add the cut mango pieces with turmeric powder and salt
4. Saute for 2 minutes and then add 1 cup of water
5. Add sugar when the water starts boiling. Cover for 2-3 minutes and allow to boil over low flame
6. Taste for sweetness and add salt (add more if needed as per taste). Also one or two pieces of mango may be smashed for better taste and thicker gravy. Allow to cook for another 3-4 minutes and turn off the flame. Allow it to cool.