A traditional Andhra dish made especially during winters. This dish is made with green Plantain and seasoned with mustard seeds and urad dal
1. In a saucepan add water enough to soak the plantain and boil them with salt and turmeric, just enough that they are cooked but not soggy.
2. In a grinder take the 2 teaspoons of mustard seeds, green chili, ginger, coconut and rice rava and grind to a smooth paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add urad dal and let lightly brown, add the mustard seeds and curry leaves and let splutter.
4. Add the ground paste and saute for a minute on medium flame.
5. Now add the cooked plantain, add salt if required and combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the raw flavor of the paste goes away and serve.Use of mustard oil really enhances the dish.This can be served with steamed rice.