Everybody knows that avacado is a healthy fruit. I was looking for different options to incorporate this fruit in Indian cooking. Here is a healthy paratha recipe with avacado that you can enjoy with your favorite curry.
1. Cut the avacado into half, remove the seed, and place the flesh in a bowl. Mash the avacado into a smooth paste.
2. Add lemon juice. This helps to prevent the avacado from browning. Also add in the red chili powder, salt, chaat masala and garam masala powder.
3. Next add 1 3/4 cup of wheat flour along with 3/4 cup of water. Knead the dough. I kneaded the dough in my kitchenaid but you can hand knead the dough as well.
4. Once the dough is formed, add in 1.5 tablespoons of avacado oil. If you don't have avacado oil, add olive oil instead. Knead again one more time. Set the dough aside.
5. Heat a non stick pan while you are rolling the parathas. Take a small amount of dough and roll into a ball. The remaining 1/4 cup of flour or less you will need while rolling the parathas. Dip the dough ball into the dry flour.
6. Roll into a circular shape using a rolling pin. Place the rolled paratha on the tawa to fry.
7. Turn and cook on the other side as well. This paratha is rich in good fats. You do not need to add any extra oil or ghee to the paratha while frying. However, if you like butter or ghee you can always add some. You can also add fresh herbs to enhance the flavor while kneading the dough. Enjoy this paratha hot with any curry of your choice.