Cabbage cooked with fish (Hilsa or Ilish) heads served with dal and rice.
1. Chop the cabbage finely, cut the potatoes into medium sized cubes and cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a deep pan or kadai. Marinate the ilish macher matha (head) and potato with turmeric powder and salt. Fry them lightly in the pan.
3. Add cumin seed and bay leaf to the left over oil in the pan. Then add the paste of ginger and green chili with very little water and stir for 1 minute. Add the cut tomatoes turmeric powder and cumin powder.
4. Allow to cook for 2 minutes and add fried potato.
5. Allow to cook for 2 minutes constantly stirring and Add cabbage some salt and mix well.
6. Cook for 7-8 minutes so that the cabbage becomes softer.Add fried fish head and crush the same to mix with the cabbage. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for another 5 minutes.
7. Add Salt to taste and green chilli (if needed).