Potato stuffed golden brown batter fried chillies, serve hot with tomato ketchup.
1. Peel potatoes and Cook potatoes into the Pressure cooker for 3 whistles, once all the steam has escaped, mash and keep aside ï¿½?? this should take 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Cut the big green chillies into half (or use 8 smaller chillies). Make an incision along the length of the chillie and remove the seeds (make the chillie hollow).
3. Grind green chillies, garlic and ginger together to make a fine paste.
4. Heat 3 tbs oil in a pan on low and fry mustard seeds and curry leaves until the mustard crackles. Later add garlic, ginger and chillie paste to the pan, mix for a minute and add mash potato, Â½ tbs turmeric powder, lime juice, salt to taste and coriander leaves (optional), combine well for a couple of minutes. Take off heat to cool.
5. Stuff the chillies with the potato mix.
6. Take another bowl and combine besan, salt, cumin seeds, red chillie powder, Â½ tbs turmeric powder and little water to make a thick batter.
7. Dip each stuffed chillie in the batter.
8. Deep fry until golden brown and keep on paper towel to soak the excess oil.
9. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.