A simple curry with beet root and carrots usually eaten with chapati, roti, poori, paratha or luchi
- Cuisine Bengali
- Course Main Course
- Serves 4
- Method Pressure Cooker
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 25 minutes
1. Cut beet in small cubes and carrot in small round pieces.
2. Cut the onions and tomatoes into small pieces. Also make paste of Ginger, Garlic and Green chili.
3. Heat oil in a pressure cooker for 4 minutes , then add bay leaves and cut onions. Cook till the onions turn translucent and then add the tomatoes.
4. Add ginger, garlic and green chili pastes, salt, garam masala and turmeric powder. Allow the spices to fry on low heat for 4-5 minutes.
5. Add the cut beet and carrot, and stir it well.
6. Add 1/2 a cup of water and cover the cooker with the lid. Allow it to cook on pressure, on medium flame, for 8-9 whistles. Turn off the stove and let the pressure release by itself. This will take approximately 5-8 minutes.