Here is a delicious dessert made with beetroots cooked in condensed milk.
- Cuisine Indian
- Course Desserts
- Serves 15
- Method Slow-cook
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 2 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
1. Wash the beets thoroughly. Peel the outer skin and grate them. You can wear gloves if you want because the beets will leave color.
2. Now squeeze the extra water. It does not have to be completely dry. Just squeeze as much as you can. This step is optional. It just helps to speed up the cooking process. Place the beets in a wide mouth pan on medium heat. Add in the condensed milk.
3. Add the mawa and cardamom powder.
4. Stir well and let the water evaporate. Stir occasionally as the mixture will stick to the bottom. Add salt when most of the water is evaporated.
5. When most of the liquid evaporates your halwa is ready. You can serve it hot. I like to cool it down to room temperature, let it chill in the refrigerator and enjoy it cold!