Traditional Goan cookies with coconut and semolina(Rava). These crunchy cookies are a special treat made for Christmas and other special occasions. This recipe is a family recipe handed down the generation.
1. Boil the milk and stir in the sugar till it blends in completely.Then add the coconut to the mix and let it cool.
2. Roast rawa slightly, keep it a side and cool it.
3. Separate the egg yolk and white.
4. Beat till no liquid is left in the bowl.
5. Beat the butter till smooth and creamy.
6. Add the yellows into the white and beat.
7. Add the butter to the egg mix.
8. Add vanilla essence, coconut, sugar, baking powder and milk , and then mix.
9. To thicken the batter, add a little rawa. To thin it, add a little milk. (If needed)
10. Take the batter in your hands and make small balls and put in a bake dish. Use a fork and add a few lines to make a design
11. Preheat the oven to 350F or 175 C and bake for approximately 25 minutes till brown.