A very simple vegetarian preparation that can be had as a side dish, or can easily be the main course if so desired.
1. Saute onion with cumin and add the remaining spices and maggi cube when the onions caramelize
2. Add the cabbage to the pot, cover and let cook for around 15 minutes on medium heat.
3. Once the cabbage starts to soften, add the desiccated coconut and cover again.
4. Cook for a further 10 minutes or so until done.
5. Note: A pinch of sugar and/or a squeeze of lime at the very end helps to enhance the flavour of this dish.