A simple no-onion, no-garlic, protein rich recipe. Great option for festivals like Ganesh Chaturthi and Diwali..!
1. Soak chana daal overnight or atleast 6-8 hours.
2. When ready to cook, drain the water and grind coursely with the green chillies using only few short pulses. You can use more green chillies if you prefer it.
3. In a kadai, heat the ghee, add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Once the mustard seeds start popping, add the hing, turmeric powder. Stir well in the ghee, then add the ground mixture. Let cook for 5 minutes on a medium to low flame.
4. Add the salt, sugar, and let cook for another 5 minutes. Keep stirring to avoid the daal from sticking to the bottom of the kadai. You may drizzle some water if needed.
5. Add the lemon juice, chopped coriander leaves. Stir again, and let cook covered for another 5 minutes. Serve hot with chapatis or phulkas!