Spicy chicken cooked in bengali style with masala made from ginger-garlic paste, green chillies . This dish is popular during most bengali festivals.
1. Wash chicken under cold water, drain the water and keep the chicken in a container.
2. Make a paste of Ginger, Garlic, Onion and Green chili.
3. Add the paste, mustard oil (2 table spoon), salt (2 tea spoon) and turmeric powder to the chicken. Mix it well and keep it aside for 2 hours.
4. Cut onion, green chili and coriander leaves. Also cut 3 small potatoes into halves.
5. Heat oil (3 table spoon) for 2 minutes. Fry the potato halves with a 1ï¿½ tea spoon salt and pinch of turmeric powder. Keep the fried potatoes aside
6. Add the cut onion to the heated oil and fry it for 2 minutes. Then add green chili, pinch of turmeric powder, garam masala and red Chili powder to the fried onion.
7. Let the onion fry with the masala for 2-3 minutes till it turns light brown in color.
8. Add the marinated chicken, 1/2 tea spoon salt and mix it well with onion.
9. Cover the kadai with lid and allow it to cook on low heat for 5 minutes to release the water
10. Add Jeera powder and mix it well. Let the chicken fry for 5-10 minutes till the water dries up.
11. Add 2 cups of water, previously fried potatoes and let it cook for 20 minutes (cover it with a lid for 10 minutes and then remove the lid)
12. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix it well and then garnish it with some more chopped coriander
13. Serve the chicken with rice