A mild mint flavored chicken dish made with coconut milk and cashewnuts
- Cuisine Goan
- Course Main Course
- Serves 4
- Method Pressure Cooker
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 45 minutes
1. Marinate the chicken in coriander powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, green chillis and few mint leaves for 10-15 minutes.
2. Soak the cashewnuts in 2-3 tables spoon milk for 10 minutes
3. Grind the following ingredients :grated coconut, onion, green chillies, mint leaves, coriander leaves, cashew nuts into a paste and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a cooking vessel, add the chopped onions and green chillies and saute till translucent.
5. Add the marinated chicken and cook on high heat for 4-5 minutes, combining the ingredients one at a time.
6. Reduce the flame to medium heat, add the ground paste and salt and mix well. Let the chicken cook in this paste for 8-10 minutes, uncovered. Let it cook till the oil separates.
7. Pressure cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes or up to one whistle or cook for 20 minutes, Turn off the heat and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.