Chicken liver is a favorite in my house. Here is a quick and easy, mildly spiced Goan recipe.
1. Heat ghee and add in the cardamom, red chilies, bay leaves, star anise and cinnamon. Let the flavors infuse in the oil. Next add the finely chopped garlic and saute till it begins to turn brown.
2. Add in finely chopped onion, add in the salt and saute till it turns light brown.
3. Next add in the powdered masalas including turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder and garam masala. Saute till the masala begins to leave oil. At this point add in the cleaned and cut chicken liver. Add 1/2 cup of water.
4. Mix everything well, cover and let it cook on a slow flame. Garnish with coriander leaves and mix well.
5. Enjoy with Goan poi or with chapati.