This Goan dish is never missed out on Feasts and weddings.
1. 1 1/2 kg pork and 1/2 kg Pork liver/ heart
2. Grind kashmiri chillies, jeera seeds, peppercorns , cloves, cinnamon and vinegar in a grinder or a Mixer to form a uniform paste this should take 10 to15 minutes, add some water if required.
3. Wash and Marinate pork with ginger garlic paste and salt for 5 minutes.
4. Boil pork for 15 minutes in 2 cups of water, cool and cut in small cubes.
5. Fry cubes in frying pan in batches.
6. Put some oil in the pan, add cloves (optional), onions and fry till soft in non stick pot and then add green chilies.
7. Now add pork and ground red masala paste.
8. Add stock (from previously boiled pork) some water and cook pork for 25 minutes till gravy gets thick.
9. Then add tamarind juice, soya sauce (optional) and salt to taste and cook for another 5 minutes
10. Sorpotel tastes better the next day. People usually prepare Sorpotel on a Wednesday and serve for a party on Sunday. Serve with Sanna (tradition Goan Bread) or plain slice bread or with Pulao (as shown in picture) below.