Intense, spicy and absolutely delicious is the only way to describe this classic staple of Goan cuisine.
1. In one cup of Malt Vinegar, grind 30 red chilies, 1.5 tsp cumin seeds, 3 tsp mustard, 1.5 tsp turmeric, 6 cardamom, 15 cloves, 3" ginger, 15 flakes garlic.
2. Cut 1.5kg Pork into 1" cubes and wash in a light vinegar mix. 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water.
3. Mix the ground vinegar and spice with the meat and let marinate overnight.
4. After an overnight or longer marination process, we're ready to continue with the Vindalho recipe. Thinly slice two onions, 10 flakes of garlic and approximately 2 inches of ginger.
5. Sauté the onions, ginger and garlic until the onions turn brown.
6. Add a cube of Chicken or Beef stock for added flavour once the onions soften.
7. Once the onions start to change colour, we're ready to add the meat to the pot. Remember to turn the heat down to low!
8. Cover the pot and cook on low heat until the meat is tender, approximately an hour or so. Stir occasionally and add salt to taste.
9. Final taste test and will be ready for consumption in 3 days.. minimum!!