A friend on the Goan Culinary Network brought this dish to my attention. I tried it, tweaked it, and this is my version of it.
1. Grind in one cup of Malt Vinegar, 20 red chilies, 1.5tsp of Turmeric, 1.5tsp Cumin, 30 peppercorn, 12 flakes of Garlic, 2" piece of Cinnamon and 2" piece of Ginger. Grind to a thick paste.
2. Rough chop 1.5kg Pork into 1/2" pieces. Add salt and let sit while prepping your other ingredient.
3. Chop 2 onions and remaining flakes of garlic.
4. Sauté the onions and garlic in a pot until golden brown.
5. Once the onions get some colour, add the ground spices to the pot. Turn the heat down low.
6. Also add the 1/2 cup Caju Fenny at the same time.
7. Once the mix thickens, add the salted meat and the Balchao preserve.
8. Stir it well with the spices, and turn the heat lower still. Cook for 60 to 90 mins stirring occasionally.
9. This recipe yields approximately 1.5 tall mason jars worth of Balchao. Let it rest for around 3 days before breaking into it. Enjoy!!