This Capsicum chicken is one of my own creations, inspired by Goan spices and ingredients. The sweet spicy tangy curry will leave you asking for more.
1. Cut chicken thighs into small 1 inch cubes. marinate with 1 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste and 1 teaspoon turmeric. Set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
2. In a mixer, add 2 deseeded tomatoes, garam masala powder, 3 tablespoons ginger garlic paste, vinegar, soya sauce and remaining salt. Blend into a fine paste.
3. In a separate pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Dice the onions lengthwise. Add this to the pan and salute till golden brown.
4. Now heat the remaining oil in a pan. Add green chilies slit in the middle and add 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste. Once this gets brown, add minced garlic and curry leaves and salute for a couple of minutes.
5. Add in the marinated chicken, salute till half done. Next add the paste.
6. Add in the palm jaggery and let it come to a boil. You can add regular jaggery if you cannot find palm jaggery. Once it comes to a boil, add in the onions.
7. Lastly add in the green bell peppers and let them cook for 2 minutes. Don't overcook the bell peppers. This chicken tastes good with a slight crunch. Serve hot with rice, bread or roti.