This is a great recipe for beginners to make a delicious prawn curry.This south Indian curry (From Kerala) is made using coconut milk and a few Indian spices.
1. Smear the prawns with salt and wash well. Then apply some turmeric powder and keep aside for 5 minutes.
2. Heat half table spoon ghee (clarified butter) in a pan and heat the prawns for a moment.
3. Take out the prawns from the pan and keep aside.
4. Now, add some more Ghee (over 1 tea spoon) and then cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves, and green cardamoms and heat briefly. Mix the onion paste and stir.
5. Fry on low heat for 2 minutes or till the paste is browned. Add the red chilly powder and ginger paste. Fry briefly on medium heat till the oil evaporates.
6. Add Coconut Milk and bring to boil and add garam masala powder.
7. Add prawns, then add salt as required and boil for about 2 minutes then switch off the burner. Add remaining ghee (clarified butter) scattered it all over the curry to garnish and cover the pot.
8. Serve hot with plain rice.