A popular Gujarati snack which is both healthy and delicious. This recipe uses besan and rava to make dhokla.
1. Place the idli cooker on the stove with water in it . Place a pot inside cooker which is greased with cooking oil.
2. Mix gram flour (besan ) ,semolina ,water , oil, salt, sugar and paste to a smooth batter of thin pouring consistency and beat well. Add baking powder, lemon juice . Beat well for few seconds .Do not over mix.
3. Immediately pour this mixture in the steamer.
4. Close the cooker with lid and heat for 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Place a frying pan on the stove, add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in it .Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds , turmeric powder , asafetida , curry leaves and split green chili . Stir it lightly and spray lemon juice on it. Add Sugar and salt for test. Sprinkle water .Then put the lid.
6. Let Dhokla cool, cut it into pieces. Garnish it with chopped Coriander leaves and grated coconut .Ready to serve.