Andhra Style Tindora(Gherkins/Dondakaya fry) made with various Indian spices to flavor the vegetable.
2. In a pan, heat some oil and on medium flame. Add Chana dal and Urad dal, let them roast until slightly brown.
3. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Let the mustard seeds splutter.
4. Add the curry leaves and garlic and sauté them.
5. Add sliced Ivy gourd/gherkin pieces, Salt and turmeric,Saute for 1 minute.Cover with lid and let it get cooked stirring in between every 2-3 minutes.
6. Once the pieces are cooked, add Chili powder,peanut powder and 2 pinches of sugar, mix and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.You can omit the sugar if you like.Sugar just gives a nice caramelization that enhances the taste of ivy gourd.