Here is an easy recipe to everybody's favorite Indian bread. Enjoy!
1. In a mixing bowl take 2/3 cups of water, and 2 teaspoons each of dry active yeast and sugar. Mix well and set aside to foam for around 10 minutes.
2. Add in 3 cups of flour and salt.
3. Add yogurt, 1 tablespoon of ghee and 3 tablespoons of butter. Ghee and butter should be softened at room temperature.
4. Mix all the ingredients well. Knead the dough till soft and cover with wet muslin cloth. Set aside for an hour till dough doubles in size.
5. After and hour, dust the counter with flour. Knead the dough once again using more flour if needed. Cut the dough into 6 equal pieces.
6. Make balls out of each piece and set aside for another 10 minutes. In the mean time preheat the oven to broil or 500 degrees.
7. Roll out the dough balls into elongated naan shapes.
8. Spray a pizza pan with cooking spray. Place the rolled out naan on the pan. If you don't have a pizza pan place aluminum foil over an inverted cake pan instead.
9. Make a mixture of 2 tablespoons of minced garlic and 2 tablespoons of butter. Apply over the naan.
10. Bake on each side for 3 minutes each or till it browns. Enjoy hot with any curry of your choice.