Fresh homemade ghee
1. Boil the milk and cooled it in the fridge for 10-12 hrs so that the cream thickens.Cream (malai) will get deposited on the top of the milk in the container.Remove the malai and store in a container in fridge.Repeat this daily for 5-6 days until you have enough cream.
2. Take a deep pan and put the collected malai in it and put it on flame.
3. Keep heating on low flame till ghee separates. After few minutes, ghee will separate out completely with yellowish brown solid floating in it.
4. When the ghee is yet liquid and cold enough to filter, filter it with the help of metallic sieve or fine cloth.
5. TIPS The amount of ghee from Malai of cow milk is lesser than from Buffalo milk Malai.
6. Ghee from cow milk cream is yellow in color whereas from Buffalo milk is white.
7. Low flame is needed to avoid burning.
8. Do not let the malai in the fridge for long else it can get spoiled.