Hakka noodles are an Indo Chinese method of preparing noodles sauted with different vegetables. This was a staple for birthday parties in Goa, especially being all children's favorite. It is a popular street food in India.
1. finely chop the carrots, spring onions, cabbage and french beans length wise as shown below. Set aside.
2. In a pot boil water, add 2 tablespoons of salt and boil the noodles. Cook till half done.
3. Drain the noodles, add 2 table spoons oil and set aside.
4. Make sure you have all the ingredients handy, since the following process is fairly quick. In a wok (ideally) or wide mouthed pan on a high flame, heat 3 tablespoons oil. Add finely chopped ginger garlic and green chilies and saute till slightly brown. Add in the carrots and french beans first since these take a couple of minutes to cook.
5. Next add in the cabbage and spring onion. Add black pepper powder and soy sauce.
6. Also add the vinegar and red chili paste.
7. Add salt. Saute till vegetables are half cooked. Add in the noodles little at a time, mixing while you add.
8. Mix well. Remove from flame. Garnish with spring onion and serve hot.