Jack fruit cooked with bengali spices usually served with rice and dal
1. The raw jack fruit is cut in small pieces after removing the thick shell and central hard mass.
2. Boil the cut jack fruit in pressure cooker for 2 whistles and keep it aside till pressure is released
3. Potatoes are cut in small cubes, lightly saute and keep aside
4. Cut tomatoes into small pieces. Also make paste of ginger and garlic separately. Mix a little paste of turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon of water.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan or kadai. Add bay leaves, cut onion and fry them for 2-3 minutes
6. Add the cut tomatoes. Add the ginger paste, garlic paste and chili .Allow it to cook for 5 minutes. Mix it well.
7. Add the boiled jack fruits and fried potatoes to the pan. Add Salt and the turmeric powder paste. Mix it well
8. Allow the content to cook for 8-10 minutes till all the water is released.
9. Add 1 cup of water and cook till the jack fruit pieces become soft. Add salt as per taste. Add ghee and garam masala, cover the pan with a lid and allow cooking for 2-3 minutes.