This recipe takes a simple idli recipe and adds colourful vegetables to make a delicious dish.
1. Wash and soak rice and Urad dal separately for four hours. Drain and then grind dal to fine paste. Grind the rice to coarse paste by using little water. Mix both pastes together with help of sufficient water to get homogeneous batter. Add 1 teaspoon of salt let mixture sit in warm place overnight (this allows fermentation, a process very important for Idli to come out fluffy).
2. Grated Carrot, chopped cabbage (long strips) and Cauliflower . Finely Chop Coriander and green chili
3. Mix everything together including the garlic ginger paste and add salt to taste .
4. Apply little oil to idli mold and fill 1 tablespoon idli batter in Idli mold , add the vegetable mixture on it and again put some idli batter on top.
5. Place the idli stand in steamer / idli cooker and steam it for ten to fifteen minutes. Serve hot Idlies with Yogurt chutney or Tomato Ketchup . For Yogurt Chutney : Take yogurt in a bowl, add green chili paste, salt, sugar for taste. To garnish add some finely chopped coriander and curry leaves to it.