Bengali style Lau (Bottle gourd) or lauki cooked with fried prawns.
1. Cut the lau (bottle gourd) into small pieces
2. Clean the prawns and marinate it with 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Arrange the other ingredients.
3. Heat oil in a kadai or frying pan. Fry the prawns till it turns golden brown and keep it aside.
4. Add cumin seed to the hot oil. Add turmeric powder, ginger paste, cut green chilies and salt, thenfry for 1-2 minutes. Add the cut bottle gourd.
5. Cover the kadai with a lid for 5-6 minutes and remove the cover. Stir it well and cover it and let it cook for 4-5 minutes more.
6. Remove the cover, add the fried prawns and mix it well. Allow it to cook till the excess water is gone. Add salt to taste.