Bengali style Bottle Gourd (Lauki or Lau) cooked with coriander leaves and seasoned with indian spices.
1. Cut Bottle Gourd (Lauki or Lau) finely.
2. Chop the tomato and coriander leaves into small pieces. Set aside the spices needed
3. Heat oil in a pan for 2-3 minutes. Add bay leaves and cumin seed
4. Add the cut tomatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes. Then add ginger paste, coriander powder and cumin powder and fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add 3-4 tablespoon of water and allow it to boil.
6. Add cut bottle gourd (lauki or lau) with salt, turmeric powder and green chili, and then mix properly. Cover the pan and allow to cook till the bottle gourd(lauki or lau) becomes tender. Approximately 5-8 minutes.
7. Remove the lid and let the excess water to release. Add salt to taste,chopped coriander leaves and mix it well.