Mangane is a famous Goan dessert made during festivals. Chana dal is cooked with jaggery and coconut milk to produce this famous wholesome dessert.
1. Soak chana dal and rice separately in water for atleast 2 hours.
2. Pressure cook the chana dal for 2 whistles. The rice, blend into a fine paste. Add the boiled chana dal into a cooking vessel.
3. Add jaggery and coconut milk.
4. Also add in the cashew nuts and rice paste. The rice paste helps to thicken the mixture.
5. let the mixture come to a boil. Stir occasionally. Then add in the salt. Finish with cardamom powder. This dish is served at the end of a hot traditional Goan vegetarian meal and is loved by the Goan Hindus.